DSP and convolution filter

• 3 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 7 replies
I'm really enjoying using Roon together with Sonos. The main reason being being able to use the convolution filter option in Roon in which I've loaded a filter correcting my room "issues".

I understand this is would be an advanced option, but I would really like if the Sonos app would add a feature to load convolution filters like Roon does. In that way also other inputs (TV) will be equalised.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No need. Sonos has its own built-in digital room correction: Trueplay

You do however require an iOS device in order to run the initial measurement stage, because Apple's microphone characteristics are far more consistent than those found in Android phones.
Badge +2
I know, I’m using it :)

I don’t like the outcome though. It’s an improvement over the default setting, but it has too much bass, the midtones could be improved...

I think either the mic of the iPhone might not be that great for measuring, or the frequency response Sonos is targeting is not one that I would like to hear.

There’s software (like Room EQ Wizard) that one can use to input a target curve, measurements and create a filter. This filter I would like to use in the Playbar.
Userlevel 2
+1 I would love to see a convolution engine or at least a parametric EQ added for advanced users.

I have a Sonos Amp, room EQ is a feature I am really missing.

I have tried Roon but as you say this only covers music and would also like convolution for all inputs.