Answered

Different Volume For Separate Speakers in an Alarm

• 11 July 2022
  • 3 replies

So, the goal is to have the music come on at a specific time and play a specific playlist via Spotify. 

We have 2 sonos products. A Sonos Amp (controlling a variety of ceiling speakers) and a Sonos One. 

They are groups together -- however, they cant be at the same volume level. The Amp needs to be at 50, while the One needs to be at 12. 

How can we set the alarm to have a specific volume for each? Or is there another way? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 July 2022, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you use Apple iOS mobile devices, then there is an App called Soro that can do these things, but there is a bit of learning curve to use the software, which is basically a plugin for the iOS ‘shortcuts’ App and acts on Sonos speakers using the Sonos API - it can setup groups, room-volumes and schedule those to play a playlist etc. to a chosen daily schedule. 

I’m not associated to the Soro App, other than I use it myself, but it maybe worth you exploring that further to achieve these things.

Also note, that what you are requesting here, can be done via the Sonos App too, but it may mean setting up the group and/or chosen room volumes each night before ‘lights out’… so you may perhaps find it easier to automate and schedule these things via Soro instead.

Hope that suggestion helps. Also see this link: 

Thank you --- Hope Sonos is listening and will consider this a #featurerequest

Have you tried using the volume limit option on the One? This applies a scaling factor to the main volume setting. It can be useful in groups.