Answered

Different setups?

• 6 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,
Is there any chance Sonos is thinking of upgrading the app/speakers so that you can use your speaker settings differently at any given moment?
For instance: in my living-room I have a hometeatre-setup (play bar,sub and two Sonos one) but I sometimes want to listen to music in stereo with just my Ones. Can this be done - without the need to configurate the speakers each time??

Rob
icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 August 2018, 19:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
getting ready to go with sonos for my main home hteater; planning on playbar, sub, and 2 play 5s for the back, I wanted to use 2 play 1's for the front sides, but advised not to...anyone try what I am thinking of, or is it overkill/not do able?

Hi wase4711,

There isn't currently a way to add in 2 PLAY:1 speakers such that they act as the front left and front right in your surround setup. The PLAYBAR handles those channels instead. You could group the PLAY:1s with the surround setup, however they won't separate out the front channels, and there may be a slight audio delay. The 5.1 surround setup uses 5 ghz antennas to maintain the low-latency audio from the TV, and grouping the PLAY:1s with this setup doesn't use the same, low-latency, communication.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
so, the play 5's would be the best to use with this setup? will they overpower the front left/right signal coming from the playbar, or can that be compensated for by keeping the 5's at a lower volume?
thanks

It's possible to adjust the volume level for the rear speakers, so the rears shouldn't overpower the PLAYBAR's. For larger rooms, the PLAY:5s would be great, smaller rooms could get away with using the smaller speakers.
No, you would need to reconfigure each time.
Badge
getting ready to go with sonos for my main home hteater; planning on playbar, sub, and 2 play 5s for the back, I wanted to use 2 play 1's for the front sides, but advised not to...anyone try what I am thinking of, or is it overkill/not do able?
Badge
so, the play 5's would be the best to use with this setup? will they overpower the front left/right signal coming from the playbar, or can that be compensated for by keeping the 5's at a lower volume?
thanks