Answered

Different setups?

• 6 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,
Is there any chance Sonos is thinking of upgrading the app/speakers so that you can use your speaker settings differently at any given moment?
For instance: in my living-room I have a hometeatre-setup (play bar,sub and two Sonos one) but I sometimes want to listen to music in stereo with just my Ones. Can this be done - without the need to configurate the speakers each time??

Rob
icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 August 2018, 19:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

No, you would need to reconfigure each time.
Badge
getting ready to go with sonos for my main home hteater; planning on playbar, sub, and 2 play 5s for the back, I wanted to use 2 play 1's for the front sides, but advised not to...anyone try what I am thinking of, or is it overkill/not do able?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
getting ready to go with sonos for my main home hteater; planning on playbar, sub, and 2 play 5s for the back, I wanted to use 2 play 1's for the front sides, but advised not to...anyone try what I am thinking of, or is it overkill/not do able?

Hi wase4711,

There isn't currently a way to add in 2 PLAY:1 speakers such that they act as the front left and front right in your surround setup. The PLAYBAR handles those channels instead. You could group the PLAY:1s with the surround setup, however they won't separate out the front channels, and there may be a slight audio delay. The 5.1 surround setup uses 5 ghz antennas to maintain the low-latency audio from the TV, and grouping the PLAY:1s with this setup doesn't use the same, low-latency, communication.
Badge
so, the play 5's would be the best to use with this setup? will they overpower the front left/right signal coming from the playbar, or can that be compensated for by keeping the 5's at a lower volume?
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
so, the play 5's would be the best to use with this setup? will they overpower the front left/right signal coming from the playbar, or can that be compensated for by keeping the 5's at a lower volume?
thanks

It's possible to adjust the volume level for the rear speakers, so the rears shouldn't overpower the PLAYBAR's. For larger rooms, the PLAY:5s would be great, smaller rooms could get away with using the smaller speakers.