When you're house is setup as follow:
- multiple rooms
- per room a Sonos speaker
- per room a Google Nest
- and each Nest is connected to an accompanied Sonos speaker
- per sleeping room, thus a person, a Spotify account
Both Google Nest and Sonos have a hard time dealing correctly with Spotify.
The Sonos app can only deal with only one Spotify account. But this will result into only playing one session at a time.
You can connect each Nest to a personal Spotify account, that's fine. But when the Nest is connecting to a Sonos speaker, Nest will complain that the Nest is connected to another account than the Sonos App.
1. In the Sonos App, allow a speaker to connect to a "general" Spotify account and a personal Spotify account.
2. Allow the Nest to play as a session as "Started from Spotify"
3. Allow the Nest to play a session as "Started from Google Nest"
Or (better yet) ... Did anyone succeed to manage a similar problem? If so, please help.
Best answer by Ken_GriffithsView original