Connection a Sonos Connect to JBL sound bar?

• 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

If I connect a  Sonos connect to my JBL sound bar via Optical, and connected the sound bar to a TV with an HDMI cable, can I  play sound music through the Sonos app to the Connect (hooked up to the soundbar) as well as other Sonos speakers in the house? Can the sound bar still be used with TV without any issues?

thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonos CONNECT has an optical output, not an optical  input. 

Userlevel 2

So would my suggested plan work with the connections I indicated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

What are you trying to achieve?  If you want a TV surround sound system with Sonos speakers as additions to your Soundbar then you need as Sonos Home theater product.

Agreed. The term ‘sound music’ is unclear in the original post. I took it to be for music purposes only, but if the intention is surround sound, definitely not, since you’d need to use the analog input on the CONNECT with the inherent 75ms delay. 

The other issue is, having no clue about what the ‘JBL’ soundbar is, how it will be ultimately connected,  and what the true intent is, just music or also TV, it’s really difficult.