Connecting Amazon Fire TV Cube / Firestick to Sonos Beam Gen 2

• 10 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

Before buying the Sonos Beam Gen 2, I would like to know how to connect the Firestick to the soundbar and tv using only one arc hdmi port in the sonos beam. There is no hdmi in / out in the Sonos Beam. Thanks in adavance.

David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

The Beam will connect to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. The Fire TV Stick will connect to one of the TV’s HDMI ports and the audio will pass through the TV to the Beam.

But I am using an old TV VIZIO D-Series D-G9. It’s going to be a temporal fix before I buy a new tv, but I want to use this sound-bar because there is no way we can hear voices on this tv. Can I get Dolby Atmos with that connection? I though I had to connect Firestick to sound-bar and the sound-bar to tv. thank you very much for your feedback.

Userlevel 7

What specific Fire TV Stick model do you own and what year was it purchased? What year did you purchase your TV? Is it a 4K TV? Is your TV equipped with HDMI ARC?

The Beam only has one HDMI eARC port that is used to connect it to your TV. Any external media device cannot be connected directly to the Beam and must be connected directly to your TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Plug the FireStick into one of the TV’s HDMI input ports, not the Beam.

You’d have to look at the TV’s manual to see what outputs it supports. If it has an ARC output you could use that, if not the Beam can connect to the TV’s optical output.

I use the optical link for two of my older TVs, it does have limited abilities compared to using ARC but it works far better than the internal speakers on both of them.

Ok the TV is old and it has ARC but not eARC. I want to upgrade to a nicer tv but I am waiting.

I only want to use the TV as a monitor, it’s technology for apps , sound is mediocre but for the image quality is OK. I was thinking to use Sonos Beam Gen2 at its full capacity connecting the Amazon Firestick / TV cube or even Apple TV to the HDFury Arcana. This external box takes an HDMI input, and then send the video to your TV (or projector), and the audio directly to the Sonos Beam Gen 2 using the Arcana’s eARC output. Would it work? 

Yes, although you’d need to put an HDMI switch in front of the Arcana, it only has one “input”. They’ve got a series of pretty good explanations on how to do that and many other setups, on their website. 

Userlevel 7

For the easiest and cleanest setup, go with one external media device to connect to the Arcana so you don’t have to worry about an HDMI switch. If your goal is to get Dolby Atmos audio from the most apps, go with an Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield, or Roku Ultra (2020). These devices support Dolby Atmos audio on all of the popular streaming apps.