Question

Connecting a BOOST to a Verizon Fios Network extender

• 26 July 2017
  • 5 replies

My Verizon Fios Network extender is right near my Sonos system and it is cloned from the Router, also has a Coax cable connected. Would this be a good option to connect the BOOST ti reduce droputs due to distance from router

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi hbeam117

If the Network extender is connected to the network wirelessly, i.e. it connects to the main wifi and extends it connecting the Boost to it probably isn't going to make much difference as the data will still have to make the wireless hop from the extender back to the main router. If you can submit a Diagnostic and reply with the number, then we can see if there is a better option, if you are able to wire a component to the main router, then the boost can we placed equistant between the wired component and the components that are not close enough ( wirelessly ) then the boost will act as the wireless hop back to the wired component, see the Boost setup here, note it doesn't have to be the boost that is wired to the router, it can be any component.

Do let us know how you get on.
I appreciate the reply. I have experienced a more stable connection since connecting the Boost directly to the extender. I believe the coax connection into the extender may be the "direct to router via wired" piece that allows this to work for me.
If you are not able to get your verizon router login succefully, then you can follow the setps on this website: https://appuals.com/verizon-fios-router-admin-password/
As per your updates that you have provided in here, I am sure that you are doing something wrong while setting things up. Hope your problem get solved