Question

Connect PS4 to Beam via optical Audio

I have a PS4, and a projector that does not have optical audio nor ARC output. I would like to connect my PS4 to my Beam via optical audio. When I do this, the Sonos app does not recognize any source. Is this possible? Please advise. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That suggests that your PS4 is sending something other than Dolby Digital. It could be DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, pretty much any codec that Sonos doesn’t recognize. Or, perhaps the PS4 isn’t actually sending anything out via the optical port? 

Ive tried

• connecting the ps4 directly to the beam, selecting optical audio as the primary out source with dolby 5.1ch.
  • connecting the ps4 to a switch with ARC and optical audio output, selecting HDMI out with both linear PCM and bitstream dolby as the out format on the ps4

Neither of these configurations work. The first seems like it really should work