Skip to main content

Ok so I changed the name of my wifi network and now my Beam won’tconnect

I go through everything all up to the point where it asks for the wifi network password, then I get a message about there was a problem connecting.

Things I’ve done:

Deleted my app an reinstalled it

Forced my wifi to just send on the 2.4Ghz channel

Made a seperate network just for the Sonos on 2.4Ghz

Done a hard reset on the beam

The same thing happens

I get the PIN sound

I push the connect button on the back

I sets up my Beam

And then it’s time for the password and just an error message

I’m at loss here

What is the error message?

I think it just says “something went wrong” and from there I can click on a tips link where this 2.4Ghz tips is given

Factory Reset has greatly complicated this issue. Do you have any other SONOS units?

In case you want to do this again, without the need to factory reset, there is an FAQ for it. 

In case you want to do this again, without the need to factory reset, there is an FAQ for it. 

I did all that first, several times, that’s why I ended up doing the factory reset as a last resort

Factory Reset has greatly complicated this issue. Do you have any other SONOS units?

No not anymore

I guess it’s time to ditch this system then

Or call Sonos?

Or call Sonos?

I feel I’m done with a system that makes thing so hard that you have to call support when you change a wifi name. There are other systems out there

There are other systems out there

Of course there are. And they will be as confused as the Sonos system was when you’ll change the name of the WiFi network. 

Blindly changing the WiFi credentials is similar to changing locks on the doors, but forgetting to pass out new keys.