Cast from within LiveXLive app to Sonos?

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all, is there a way to cast from LivexLive app on Android to your Sonos system?  I can do this easily with Spotify by simply selecting the Sonos speaker on my WiFi from within the Spotify app.  Why can’t I find this option within LiveXLive?  I am a premium subscriber to both services and using an Android (Samsung) phone.

For clarification - I already have both my Spotify and LivexLive subscriptions setup within Sonos, so I can access both services that way.  It’s the casting from the music app I’d like to do.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @lodud.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Casting with any other music services and other device is still not available with Sonos.

I'll submit a feature request to add Casting to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Selecting music within the Sonos app is undesirable. I want to use the specific music service app on my phone to select the music I want to hear, then cast to my sonos speaker. For example, choosing an album from my extremely large library of uploads in YouTubeMusic or selecting a station based on searches in LiveXLive.

Using those apps is a much better user experience - they are motivated to create a UI that works well for their services. Using the Sonos app to generically navigate through music provided by these services is a poor experience. Please work with these services to get casting enabled.