Question

Can't use my LG remote to control Playbase

• 29 May 2017
  • 5 replies

I've been searching in this forum and so far nothing worked.
I have an LG OLED55B6Y tv, with LG remote (not magic remote, see image attached) and I can't have it to control my new Playbase.

Besad on some answers here, I opened "Device Connector", chose "Soundbar", but then there's no option to select a manifacture, so I'm stuck (I can only select an input).

Can anyone please advise?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Did you follow these instructions?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4267/~/configure-sonos-playbar-or-playbase-with-lg-magic-remote
Thanks Airgetlam, I have tried this solution, by in my webOS 3.0 there's no option to select a manufacturer, so it's no good..
Did you find a solution? I have the same problem - it seems any others have but there's never a solution!
john_213, no, I did not, nothing worked.
The remote model is AN-MR700.

I contacted Sonos support, but they couldn't help either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi, basically what you need to do is find an option for that remote which turns on the IR blaster for the volume control. Once that's done, you can teach it to Sonos. The PLAYBAR can learn any IR commands to use for volume. So try selecting a soundbar that's closer to the budget side of things and see if it turns on the volume IR.

The easy way to check if the IR is on is to hold the remote under your phone with the camera on. Look at the front light through the camera lens and you'll see a purplish light when the buttons are pressed, that indicates the IR is on.