Question

Can i run a legacy Play 5 from a 2nd gen ZP on S2?

• 7 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a 1st gen play 5 and a spare 2nd gen play 5, my question is, is there a way to connect the first gen play 5 through the zone player and connect it to S2? Like a powered monitor?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can’t mix S1 and S2 devices together, that is the whole reason for the S1/S2 split.

The Play:5 and the ZP can only run S1, so stick with that, and connect the Gen 2 Play 5 to their household (as it can also run S1).

No need to run S2 at all on this config.

Yep, don't want to run an S1/S2 config and as the second gen zp has an output and the 1st gen play 5 a lead in, I want to know if there is a way to use the 1st gen play 5 as a powered speaker as in theory you would not be mixing 1st and second gen as the zp would be controlling just another powered speaker? Better than running to the expense of another play 5, after all I want a multi room to run off the same app and be a multi room! 

@Tattooed n proud, Try it out for yourself. Hook up the Play:5 1st gen to the Play:5 2nd gen, and you’ll see.