Beam with 2x symfonisk for TV / One with symfonisk for music

• 8 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I currently have a single One and contemplating purchase of a Beam plus 2 x symfonisk speakers for TV surround. 
My question is whether it is possible to use the Beam / symfonisk combo for TV and also separately use the One and one of the symfonisks as a stereo pair for music?

what would people recommend so that I can get ‘the best of both worlds’ with this combo? Maybe Beam plus One for music would be a better bet?

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

When a pair of speakers are being used as surrounds in a Sonos home theater setup, they cannot be used as a stereo pair without having to disconnect them as surrounds first and pairing them in the Sonos app. Also, only Sonos speakers of the same model can be stereo paired.

Your best option would be to use the Beam and SYMFONISK speakers as your home theater setup and get another Sonos One to stereo pair with your existing One. Then you can use the pair of Ones separately to play music or group them with the Beam/SYMFONISK setup.

Ok thanks for the clarification with this, that helps. I was torn between the Beam and the Bose 300 for TV, swayed towards the Beam thinking i could dual purpose for music using the surrounds. As this is not an option, I have to admit that as a standalone speaker i preferred the Bose 300 to the Beam when carrying out a sound test in a certain high street department store. Back to the drawing board!