Answered

Beam, 2 BookShelf Symfonsiks, One Sonos SL - Best way to connect all 4 for trueplay?

• 28 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey Community! I have had a beam and 2 bookshelf symfonsiks hooked up for surround sound in my living room and recently acquired a one sl for my kitchen in my apartment.

I assumed I’d be able to balance out trueplay between all speaker but it appears the sonos software forces me to have two seperate groups. Group 1: beam and 2 bookshelf symfonsiks and then Group 2: the One SL.

Is there a way to have all the speakers be apart of one group such that sound can be balance between all four speakers?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 28 December 2020, 20:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Using Sonos terminology, you actually have two ‘rooms’ setup in your system.  You can use the app to temporarily group them together to play audio together, but they are still considered two separate rooms, tuned/balanced individually.

Also note that when grouping the rooms to play music together, the audio will be in sync.  For TV audio, your SL will be lagging behind a bit, as the Beam will play TV audio immediately, without a buffer, in order to synch with the TV video.

Thanks Danny! I noticed the SL lags the TV a little bit when watching shows. I paired the speakers together for playing as well! I guess it’s not possible to tune the two rooms together or create one room with all the speakers tuned together :-/

For music, yes, they would all play in sync. It’s only when using the TV input that any grouped room would lag from the TV’s ‘room’.