Question

Audio Streaming Proxy for Radio Stations

• 9 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I use my Sonos devices mostly for listening to the same 5 ~ 7 radio stations. I use the cheap IKEA remote control to skip to the next station every now and then.

I have 2 minor issues:

1. the slight, but annoying starting-lag when switching stations due to loading (whereas starting music from my local server comes with no perceivable delay at all)
  2. two of the radio stations play very annoying commercials at the start of the stream whenever I load them

I’m looking for a solution for these 2 issues.

I’m running a Raspberry PI on my local network, so I think a proxy solution could help that would permanently buffer the 7 stations. My Sonos system would then connect to the proxy instead of the original stations. But I have not found a working solution yet. Any tips are much appreciated!

M.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

LOL good luck with that.

You could just stream that station continuously, and use Mute to “turn it on and off”. That way the stream is already running.