Answered

AMP does not re-start

• 17 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My AMP has stopped working and will not restart at all using the various options.  I was re-adding the external speakers with shorter speaker wire when this occurred. The wiring terminals are correctly matched. I may not have powered off the AMP, but it was not playing.

To restart, I have tried matching a power cable from another product, attached to router, held down the connect button when powering etc.  All I hear is a clicking sound but no light and no life.

Is it a lost cause or is there another option to restart this thing?  Sonos does not provide weekend support in Australia other than email the CEO...

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 October 2020, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @darylm 

You can try a factory reset as indicated here for the AMP (which I assume from your profile is a ZP100). Then try your setup again. If that doesn’t work I suggest you submit a diagnostic as indicated here and call Sonos Tech Support on a day other than a weekend. This assuming you didn’t smell or see and electrical overload of the ZP100.

Your profile also indicates that you may be running an S1 an S2 environment? Hopefully you were able to downgrade your system to S1 to accommodate all Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks

I need to check my profile to make sure it is up to date.  Actually it is a new AMP, and have been "forced” into S2 environment after son updated the system when he was visiting.  So have just gone with the trade in and hence have the new AMP.

darylm,

There was a similar issue mentioned here and I think it was something to do with the power cord ... 

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-amp-stopped-working-and-making-a-clicking-sound-6826158

So that maybe worth checking.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks, yes I have swapped power cable, but no difference.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I don’t even get the light. I think it is dead, or maybe just mostly dead.

I don’t even get the light. I think it is dead, or maybe just mostly dead.

Sounds like it, I would perhaps contact Sonos Customer Care via this LINK 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sonos customer service in Australia have followed up to check if the unit needs to be replaced.

Sonos customer service in Australia have followed up to check if the unit needs to be replaced.

Hope you get things sorted quickly, thanks for the update.👍

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

They have arranged to send back today and replace unit.
We have a dozen or more sonos products over 15? years and first time to replace.

All good, thanks 

Thank-you for the update darylm. Good to hear that things are being quickly sorted. Hope everything goes well with your replacement Amp.👍