Question

adjusting group volume with Samsung TV remote

• 16 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a boost, playbar, sub & 3 play 1’s.   All Sonos products are grouped and I can adjust group volume with app only.  I am using a Samsung TV remote (IR) and it will only adjust the volume of the Playbar.  How can I adjust the group volume?  Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Unfortunately, you can only control the PLAYBAR’s room volume with the remote, while using the TV input. It will not work to adjust volume on any grouped rooms. 

Thanks for your answer. I have experienced this problem for years with my previous TV, Sony, and for some reason I thought there must be a solution now that we have a new Samsung. It just doesn't seem sensible that it cannot be adjusted by the group.  

i have a new samsung qled 65 tv and a new playbar. samsung remote will only raise the volume??? have to go to sonos app to lower the volume - this is crazy?? please help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jessica1972p.

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear about that trouble, I’d be glad to assist you.

Samsung One Remote doesn’t output infrared (IR) signals by default which is essential for Sonos, you’ll need to change some settings on your Samsung TV before you can use the remote with your Sonos Playbar. Please follow the steps provided on this article to configure your Samsung One Remote to control your Sonos home theater speaker. 

Then, when the Samsung One Remote outputs IR and is ready to work with Sonos, please follow the steps in our article on setting up a TV remote with Sonos to finish the process.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.