What device do I need

• 20 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a turntable and my own speakers what device do i need.  No TV no gaming.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Note that the CONNECT:AMP and the Sonos Amp have significantly different power ratings. If memory serves, the Sonos Amp is close to double the power available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
  • Amp can drive speakers with nominal impedance above 4 ohms. Two pairs of 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel are also supported. Don’t wire your speakers in series because it will result in poor sound quality.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/amp#

It does not power the turntable, but a turntable (with @ built in or external preamp) kan be connected to it.

The Connect Amp will power 4 speakers and a turntable?

No, it doesn’t have the power to amplify the sound for your speakers. The CONNECT has been replaced by the Port. The CONNECT:AMP has been replaced by the Sonos Amp.

Can the Sonos connect work as well?  A lot cheaper.  Can you do multiple rooms with that.

Thank you for replying

To drive your own pair of speakers, a Sonos Amp is your only choice. You’ll need a preamp for the turntable, or it will need to have an internal preamp.