I’m currently looking at different options for setting up a sound system for a hostel. It involves installing several speakers to cover a rather large (fully open & connected) common area, including a reception, café and dining hall. Total probably 7 speakers, plus or minus. (either Era 100, One SL, or a combination. Recommendations between these two are also greatly appreciated!). All controlled with an iPad in our reception/café.
I’m finding it a bit difficult to figure out just by the information online, so I’m wondering if anyone knows whether or not a Sonus system could satisfy the following example use cases?:)
- Three specifically selected speakers playing the same music, the rest are silent.
- All speakers playing the same music, but with the ability to adjust volume per speaker.
- Three speakers playing the same music, and a fourth one playing its own music from a different source. (could also be from a different iPad, if that is needed to work as a separate sound source).
- One speaker receiving audio via Line In, and the rest playing back that same audio in sync. Will be used either for playing via AUX from a computer or similar, or hooking up a small mixer and broadcasting a microphone signal or similar for one-time events.
- The same scenario as above, but with Line In-signal playing on a selected few of the speakers, and the rest either playing music regularly or silent.
- Stereo separation isn’t too important, as the system will mostly be playing background music. Better sound quality is always appreciated though (e.g. the Era 100 being able to playback without summing to mono, but I don’t know how much this affects the listening experience?).
- “Weird” solutions are also a possibility, I don’t have a problem with wiring up some XLR cables, cable adapters etc. if it’s needed:)
Thanks for any and all thoughts! Please let me know if I’ve worded something unclearly, and I’ll try to explain my situation better. The Sonus products look incredibly relevant, so I’m hoping it will be able to meet my somewhat specific demands. It would solve a lot of problems!