Answered

Sonos setup mixing turntable & speakers

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Greetings everyone!

I have a Sonos beam gen 2, mini Sub, 2x Symfonisk speakers connected to a TV

I also have a third party turntable with pre amp (pro-ject) and 2x active speakers (Edifier R1280T wired, not BT)

Can I connect them all together to stream music from my turntable to the Sonos system? Which hardware do I need to do so?

Also can i connect all together when watching movies or there will be a sound delay? 

Is there any chance of frying a device because of the active speakers?

Thanks in advance, greetings from Greece! ✌️

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 25 April 2024, 19:17

View original

3 replies

1) Not currently, no. Right now, you have no line level input to accept the input from a turntable that has a pre-amped signal. You’d need to add a Sonos device with a line in. That would allow you to add your turntable to the Sonos system, and play the turntable across all Sonos ‘rooms’, in sync.

2) I’m not familiar with the Edifier R1280T speakers. You say they are wired, but to what? If it’s another amplifier, you’d need a Sonos Port to feed the signal to that amplifier, and play all Sonos streams in sync. Or, you could power these speakers with a Sonos Amp, and drop the other amplifier. 

3) There is always a delay between a Sonos Home Theater room and any ‘grouped’ room. Sometimes, it can be ameliorated, but at the cost of lipsync with the video. 

4) I wouldn’t think so. 

Google translate:

1) Όχι επί του παρόντος, όχι. Αυτήν τη στιγμή, δεν έχετε είσοδο επιπέδου γραμμής για να αποδεχτείτε την είσοδο από ένα πικάπ που έχει προενισχυμένο σήμα. Θα χρειαστεί να προσθέσετε μια συσκευή Sonos με γραμμή in. Αυτό θα σας επιτρέψει να προσθέσετε το πικάπ σας στο σύστημα Sonos και να παίξετε το πικάπ σε όλα τα «δωμάτια» της Sonos, σε συγχρονισμό.

2) Δεν είμαι εξοικειωμένος με τα ηχεία Edifier R1280T. Λέτε ότι είναι ενσύρματα, αλλά σε τι; Εάν πρόκειται για άλλο ενισχυτή, θα χρειαστείτε μια θύρα Sonos για να τροφοδοτήσετε το σήμα σε αυτόν τον ενισχυτή και να παίξετε όλες τις ροές Sonos σε συγχρονισμό. Ή, θα μπορούσατε να τροφοδοτήσετε αυτά τα ηχεία με έναν ενισχυτή Sonos και να ρίξετε τον άλλο ενισχυτή.

3) Υπάρχει πάντα μια καθυστέρηση μεταξύ μιας αίθουσας Home Theatre Sonos και οποιασδήποτε «ομαδικής» αίθουσας. Μερικές φορές, μπορεί να βελτιωθεί, αλλά με κόστος lipsync με το βίντεο.

4) Δεν θα το πίστευα.

Badge

1) Not currently, no. Right now, you have no line level input to accept the input from a turntable that has a pre-amped signal. You’d need to add a Sonos device with a line in. That would allow you to add your turntable to the Sonos system, and play the turntable across all Sonos ‘rooms’, in sync.

2) I’m not familiar with the Edifier R1280T speakers. You say they are wired, but to what? If it’s another amplifier, you’d need a Sonos Port to feed the signal to that amplifier, and play all Sonos streams in sync. Or, you could power these speakers with a Sonos Amp, and drop the other amplifier. 

3) There is always a delay between a Sonos Home Theater room and any ‘grouped’ room. Sometimes, it can be ameliorated, but at the cost of lipsync with the video. 

4) I wouldn’t think so. 

Google translate:

1) Όχι επί του παρόντος, όχι. Αυτήν τη στιγμή, δεν έχετε είσοδο επιπέδου γραμμής για να αποδεχτείτε την είσοδο από ένα πικάπ που έχει προενισχυμένο σήμα. Θα χρειαστεί να προσθέσετε μια συσκευή Sonos με γραμμή in. Αυτό θα σας επιτρέψει να προσθέσετε το πικάπ σας στο σύστημα Sonos και να παίξετε το πικάπ σε όλα τα «δωμάτια» της Sonos, σε συγχρονισμό.

2) Δεν είμαι εξοικειωμένος με τα ηχεία Edifier R1280T. Λέτε ότι είναι ενσύρματα, αλλά σε τι; Εάν πρόκειται για άλλο ενισχυτή, θα χρειαστείτε μια θύρα Sonos για να τροφοδοτήσετε το σήμα σε αυτόν τον ενισχυτή και να παίξετε όλες τις ροές Sonos σε συγχρονισμό. Ή, θα μπορούσατε να τροφοδοτήσετε αυτά τα ηχεία με έναν ενισχυτή Sonos και να ρίξετε τον άλλο ενισχυτή.

3) Υπάρχει πάντα μια καθυστέρηση μεταξύ μιας αίθουσας Home Theatre Sonos και οποιασδήποτε «ομαδικής» αίθουσας. Μερικές φορές, μπορεί να βελτιωθεί, αλλά με κόστος lipsync με το βίντεο.

4) Δεν θα το πίστευα.

1) Which device would allow me to do that? Sonos connect?

2) they are not connected to an amplifier. These speakers need no amplifier. They are connected directly to the turntable (which has a preamp installed) 

So, in order to achieve my "plan" I need a Sonos device to connect all of them. Which one is this? Sonos connect or Sonos port? 

Thanks again for your time and answer my friend 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Port would be good for you. You’d connect the “out” on the preamp to the “in” of the Port and the “out” of the Port to the Edifier speakers. You can now even play Spotify on the Edifier speakers.