Answered

Adding a CD player to existing Sonos/Turntable set up

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Currently have a Rega turntable with Rega Phono Mini connected to a Play 5 Line in using RCA cables

i want to add a CD player to the set up (either with integrated amp or a separate amp)

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this - do I go down the RCA switch route (2 in - Turntable and CD player 1 out - to Play 5 ) or is there a better way of connecting to the 5 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 January 2024, 01:37

View original

2 replies

Hi

I know this is a bit late and I don’t want to spam up the forum but I we sell a CD player called Helix that is designed to play to Sonos.

Basically once Helix is on the Wifi network you pick a Sonos speaker or zone from the Helix front panel and use it like a regular CD player. There is no wiring to do.

Here is a picture

It has a few more features that you can find more about here. It works with all Sonos and Ikea speakers.

Martin Brennan

The RCA switch is the option that many choose to go for, or better still buy another Sonos product with a separate line-in. My thoughts are to get another Play:5 and set them up as a stereo pair and have a line-in to each speaker and play the TT/CD audio to both speakers with greater stereo separation in the room.