News

The Info Hub: Your new “How-To” repository

Related products: Community News
The Info Hub: Your new “How-To” repository

Noticed the new “Info Hub” button at the top of the page?

We're excited to introduce the Info Hub, our new knowledge base for essential "how-to" guides.

At the moment it contains guides on “How to use the community”, but this hub will expand in the future to cover a wide range of topics.

Feel free to browse the articles and tell us what you think. Did you learn something new? Or do you have ideas for other guides you think would be useful for other users on the community?

Reply in the comment section below and see if other users agree and we might create such a guide for the Hub. No promises though 😉

How about menu items to existing articles that many folks seem to have trouble finding, eg:

• WiFi troubleshooting
  • Using with a turntable
  • Using as a PC speaker
  • Adding a music service
  • S1 and S2 compatibility

@Mike R. H. 

@controlav 

I also like the idea to have a category „most important support articles“ where users can find the links. 

What about another category called „helpful home cinema hints“ or something like that…?

For example there could be placed some links to Sonos blog articles relating to Dolby Atmos or explaining 7.1.4 sound. 
Also an article explaining how HDMI (e)ARC works and why Sonos ht devices need HDMI ARC INPUT instead of output connection imo would be helpful. 

An “Accessories / Replacement Parts” section.

Really basic stuff that isn’t available now, like HDMI cable requirements.

Power Cable ends used by each Sonos device.

Screw threads and lengths, at least for the speakers but bits for the stands/brackets/bases would be good too.

Sorry for the slow response, I just came back from the easter holidays. I have to say I love the chatter here! There are some great ideas that we can use for potential future articles.

One thing to keep in mind is that we won’t be duplicating articles that are already on support.sonos.com.

The info hub will be a place for the more detailed information the support articles won’t cover.

A great example would be something like @Schlumpf  suggested with explaining the more intricate details of home theater, which the support articles won’t cover, as it would be information overload to people who are only looking for simple guides on how to connect their speaker to the TV, and which formats would be supported.

An “Accessories / Replacement Parts” section.

Really basic stuff that isn’t available now, like HDMI cable requirements.

Power Cable ends used by each Sonos device.

Screw threads and lengths, at least for the speakers but bits for the stands/brackets/bases would be good too.

I love the idea, @Stanley_4! Having an essential list would also be an excellent article to have in case people have to buy replacement screws for mounts or just want a different-length HDMI cable and want to make sure it works with their Beam/Arc.

Feel free to send us more ideas for potential articles, it is always great to have some inspiration for potential articles that you all feel could be useful information for Sonos users.