Skip to main content

Hi all,

Today we announce the Sub Mini, the wireless subwoofer that sets a new standard in its category for powerful, balanced bass.

Available in matte black and white, Sub Mini will be available globally starting October 6.

Sonos Sub Mini

Small but Mighty: Sub Mini Boosts Bass Across Movies, Music, Gaming and More

Bass without the Buzzkill: Dual custom woofers and advanced processing generate deep, dynamic low end with no buzz or rattle, helping you feel more immersed in every scene and song. Within the acoustically sealed cabinet, both woofers face inward to create a force-canceling effect that neutralizes distortion. 

Balanced Sound: Advanced digital signal processing maximizes bass response and reproduces the full-toned low frequencies expected from a much larger subwoofer, allowing paired speakers like Beam, Ray, One, or One SL to focus on more mid-range and high frequencies for a richer, more powerful sound experience all around.

Pairs Well With…: Drum up the drama in every movie scene by pairing Beam or Ray with Sub Mini, or drop it even lower on your at-home dance floor by making Sub Mini your Sonos One’s plus one. 

Looking Great at Every Angle: Unlike other subwoofers, Sub Mini features a round design that allows it to blend naturally into your home aesthetic without taking too much space (or attention). 

Seamless Set-Up: Add Sub Mini to your Sonos system in just a few taps on the Sonos app, mixing and matching with different Sonos speakers to create your perfect sound system, whether you’re hosting a housewarming party or movie night with friends. You can also fine tune Sub Mini’s sound with Trueplay, which detects and adapts the speaker’s sound for reflections off of walls and furniture, giving you the best listening experience for your room and setup. 

Sonos Sub Mini

Building on the award-winning design of Sub, Sub Mini delivers rich, clear low end in a more compact, cylindrical design.

Sub Mini will be available globally starting October 6 2022 for $429USD, £429, €499, $699AUD. For more information, please visit Sonos.com

Read here the full press release on Sonos Sub Mini.

Get both, put the big one in your big room and the mini in a smaller room, tell the spouse returning one was way too much hassle. :-)

Also a good approach - depending on history and how much kit is already there in the home!

Very nice.   Coming in $70 cheaper than I anticipated.  I’m a little surprised that this can’t be used in pairs, but looks like Sonos really wants to focus this on smaller rooms, rather than cause debate on whether 1 sub or 2 minis are better for a larger room.  

I was trying to find our whether or not you can pair two subs like you can with the Gen 3. How did you find that out? 

On the product page under the FAQ section.

Can I pair two in the same room?

No. To use two subwoofers in a single room, use Sub (Gen 3).

The FAQ section tends to be the best place to look first for typical questions like this. 

Ohhhh. I should have looked there first, ha! Well that’s a bummer. 

Very nice.   Coming in $70 cheaper than I anticipated.  I’m a little surprised that this can’t be used in pairs, but looks like Sonos really wants to focus this on smaller rooms, rather than cause debate on whether 1 sub or 2 minis are better for a larger room.  

I was trying to find our whether or not you can pair two subs like you can with the Gen 3. How did you find that out? 

On the product page under the FAQ section.

Can I pair two in the same room?

No. To use two subwoofers in a single room, use Sub (Gen 3).

The FAQ section tends to be the best place to look first for typical questions like this. 

Ohhhh. I should have looked there first, ha! Well that’s a bummer. 

Apparently a single sub has more output than 2 minis.  That’s the reason Sonos is providing for why they aren’t offering a a dual mini sub configuration.   I see that as a slight positive in that there is no reason to spend the extra money on 2 minis vs a single sub.  However, I am a little concerned in the mini’s performance if 2 is not better than a single sub.  Then again, I don’t have my subs on max volume, they are more than enough for me, and it seems unlikely Sonos would create the Mini sub if it could not handle it’s intended purpose.

Sonos makes more money by people buying a new Sub than a second Mini if they want more bass. This isn’t a “slight positive”.

Sonos makes more money by people buying a new Sub than a second Mini if they want more bass. This isn’t a “slight positive”.

I don’t know what Sonos profit margins are for the Sub and Sub mini, so I couldn’t say what hypothetically makes more money.  But you have a point.  I was looking at it in terms of 2 minis costing more than a single sub...so you get more for less.  However, if you already have a sub mini, and want more bass with no other room to use the Sub, then it will cost you more.

So if you aren’t sure whether a mini or full is right for your space, get both and test it out.  If you only need a mini now, but anticipate moving to a larger space, then go ahead and get the full sub.

SUB mini pre-ordered from a local online retailed, here in Gloucestershire UK area - whoop whoop 😍 (I like to support local retailers where I can .

Hi @Jeffrey_35  

@Corry P can you have Sonos add for a shopping option set: 1 Sub Mini AND either 1 or 2 Subs? Call it the “All About the Bass” Set. Get Meghan Trainor to do the ad for it. Look at that free marketing advice- well, actually I’ll just take an All About the Bass set for payment please. 🤣

I think the Mini Sub is more likely to be paired in box sets with devices it can work together with, such as Beam. Ray and Ones, rather than Sub, though I do get your point. I simply don’t know what the marketing people are planning, however.

@Corry P sorry I guess my laughing emoji at the end was lost in translation. It was said tongue in cheek and I was not trying to be too serious. 😉

SUB mini pre-ordered from a local online retailed, here in Gloucestershire UK area - whoop whoop 😍 (I like to support local retailers where I can .

Not saying it’s not a good choice, but there is also the idea that buying direct gets more profit to the manufacturer…also good choice.  But then you have to figure whether the manufacturer is local or foreign, and whether the product is actually manufacturer locally, and sourced locally.  But only in environmental and humane ways.  Don’t forget to consider what charities the company supports, and it’s political affiliations! 

I’m mostly goofing around  Good to support your local shops. 😀

Not saying it’s not a good choice, but there is also the idea that buying direct gets more profit to the manufacturer…also good choice.  But then you have to figure whether the manufacturer is local or foreign, and whether the product is actually manufacturer locally, and sourced locally.  But only in environmental and humane ways.  Don’t forget to consider what charities the company supports, and it’s political affiliations! 

From the point of view in how far the product would have to travel, from that local retailer, it’s just about 40 miles whereas from Sonos direct, it comes from somewhere in Europe lol. They don’t ship from the UK. Plus, the retailer has an excellent YouTube channel and very good customer service 😍

I would buy from any local retailer who had a demo room where I could compare the Sub and the Mini. Alternatively, a local dealer who had the same free return policy.

From the point of view in how far the product would have to travel, from that local retailer, it’s just about 40 miles whereas from Sonos direct, it comes from somewhere in Europe lol. They don’t ship from the UK. Plus, the retailer has an excellent YouTube channel and very good customer service 😍

These guys? SmarthomeSounds?

If so, I like them, watched a few of their videos.

Yes they're the ones. Happy to support them 😊

https://www.smarthomesounds.co.uk/

Awesome news. Thanks

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I have a first Gen Beam and x2 One’s which I use with my TV. I’m thinking about the new sub to boost music and movies. However, I really don’t want the extra bass all the time, as at night it will disturb people, especially when it’s not needed for general TV use. So is there a quick and easy way turn off the sub? Or will I have to faff about in the settings each time (which my wife and kids will definitely never do)?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I have a first Gen Beam and x2 One’s which I use with my TV. I’m thinking about the new sub to boost music and movies. However, I really don’t want the extra bass all the time, as at night it will disturb people, especially when it’s not needed for general TV use. So is there a quick and easy way turn off the sub? Or will I have to faff about in the settings each time (which my wife and kids will definitely never do)?

Yes, there are two options. You can either…

• Switch on ‘Night Sound’ on the Now Playing Screen (this can also be enabled/disabled with SVC too). See link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1948
  • Toggle Off the Sub in the Beams Room Settings in the App. 

Will get as soon as they release a better sounding stereo pair . Ones are good for surrounds and bedrooms etc . Fives are good but pretty big . Would love a higher end powered speaker like the Kef , then pair them with a sub or sub mini. I also am hesitant to purchase a product that you can’t pair with a stereo pair and the arc . It’s one of the other , unless you want to do set up when you switch . 

Will get as soon as they release a better sounding stereo pair . Ones are good for surrounds and bedrooms etc . Fives are good but pretty big . Would love a higher end powered speaker like the Kef , then pair them with a sub or sub mini. I also am hesitant to purchase a product that you can’t pair with a stereo pair and the arc . It’s one of the other , unless you want to do set up when you switch . 

The Mini is built for small to medium rooms, like a pair of Ones or Beam/Ray.  The full sub is meant for Fives and Arc.   Sonos used to sell a play:3, but no longer does, likely due to lack of sales.  I would not expect them to make a replacement anytime soon.  Also don’t expect they will allow for a sub or mini sub to bond with more than room.  It’s more likely they’ll have a HT setup with separate front speakers before that happens, removing the need to share a sub between 2 Sonos rooms.

Here’s the Peter Pee YT channel review of the new Sub Mini…

https://youtu.be/sk8YwmeWjG4

Smart Home Sounds YT channel review aswell…

https://youtu.be/abH5wPkm6nI

Here’s the Peter Pee YT channel review of the new Sub Mini…

https://youtu.be/sk8YwmeWjG4

Lined this up to watch soon 😀

Smart Home Sounds YT channel review aswell…

https://youtu.be/abH5wPkm6nI

Also this one and these are the guys I’m buying mine off 

How about fixing the sub I already own?  How about having some respect for your products and customers?

Only a few days to go now until I get the sub mini. Reviews are great so far so really looking forward to it. I took my Sub Gen 3 out of my Beam HT group to put with my fives (which sounds great), so I'm missing a sub with the TV right now. Not long to wait now though 😀 I've even made a nice little space by the TV cabinet for it to live 

I’m somewhat anxious to get a ‘real’ report on it, rather than a ‘professional’ review 😉 Please let us know!

I’m somewhat anxious to get a ‘real’ report on it, rather than a ‘professional’ review 😉 Please let us know!

I will!