Answered

Using Sonos Move in motorhome

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there,

I did search before I posted but never noticed a solution to my specific question 

I have a multi room setup at home with 7 Sonos devices all using S1.

I use a Move as part of that system mainly for my hot tub but it is of course still part of the multi room system.

This weekend however I would like to take the Move away from home to use in a motorhome at an event mainly to listen to the events local FM radio which might also be found being streamed and maybe Amazon Music or music from my iPhone.

I have an electrical hookup on the pitch but if that fails I can of course use the 230v supply through an integral inverter.

The motorhome does not have its own router and there is no Wi-Fi on site AFAIK. The only Internet access would be from my mobile phone but that depends on the coverage in the middle of a field and the contention that you usually see at an event.

How best would I use the Move under these circumstances?

Would I toggle it to Bluetooth, pair it to my iPhone and just use it as an AirPlay device or will I have to jump through hoops just to simply use it away from its home location?

I did buy a Roam specifically for this reason but would have been unable to use it at home as it is an S2 device so I ended up sending it back.

Appreciate any help, support or ideas on how best to use the Move in the motorhome.

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=- 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 July 2023, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

When using the Move away from your home’s WiFI network, it is best to connect to it via Bluetooth.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the quick reply GS,

It really was as simple as that. I’m listening to Amazon Music streamed from my iPhone in the middle of a field.

Tempted to buy a second one to make it a stereo pair…

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the quick reply GS,

It really was as simple as that. I’m listening to Amazon Music streamed from my iPhone in the middle of the field.

Tempted to buy a second one to make it a stereo pair…

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

Unfortunately, you cannot stereo pair two Moves while in Bluetooth mode. They need to both be connected to WiFi.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ah…there’s always something with me and Sonos. :(

Yet another sale lost…<sigh>

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

You could use a travel router to provide WiFi coverage for your motor home. A phone could provide an Internet connection for WiFi clients.