The Sonos Roam is indeed a very unreliable product and I’m fed up playing games from Sonos blaming the networks

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I hate my Roam (Even more) Seriously, what an unreliable product this is and I regret investing 200 dollars or 4500 pesos Mexicanos on this expensive paperweight that only makes me angry. 
  After more than 8 months, after replacing my Roam once again, after getting in touch with Tech Support and being told to contact my provider TotalPlay and setup my router which I don’t know and I don’t think anyone in my home knows either and is willing to change just because my Roam has unstability issues,      I keep having these unstability issues with my Roam: music cutting out regardless  of the Music Source, Apple Music, Spotify, even AirPlay stops playing randomly, Alexa, Sonos Voice Control, and chiefly,  Google Assistant work  very unrreliable, and even with Bluetooth there are audio dropouts for 1 second every 15 to 20 minutes or so. 

No network issues at all, no wireless interference, everything, Absolutely Everything else works rock solid in our Wifi network at home, my iPhone 11, my iPad Pro 11 inches 2nd gen, my HP laptop computer, my Alexa Echo 4th gen speaker, my Android Huawei M5 Light tablet, my sister’s MacBook Pro, and all the rest of devices such computers, TV game consoles and phones. I think my network Equipment which consists on        a Modem with 2 antennas,   a TPLink device and a repeater upstairs 40m away from the TV room, are providing us enough signal for everyone at home to work and enjoy our daily life without Absolutely any issue,      and nothing has changed, nothing at all, not even my neighbors, and nobody understands here that if just 1 device has connectivity issues is not a network issue, it’s an issue with the device itself, and a family member who’s a computer programmer with a lot of knowledge about IT  explained it to me so no, it’s not any network problem. 

Now, I invested on a 250 dollars speaker just to have playback issues and music stoppages? OMG!  This is just terrible, how ridiculous 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What is it with you guys? I can’t get stuck with an unrreliable product, at leas you help me to fix my network 

A few posts ago you were going to work with Sonos: you said, “Hi,  @Corry; Thanks a lot for your   kind and detailed help, I really appreciate it. I’m going a diagnose my issue with the Sonos Tech Support and apply the necessary changes to my network, as the replacement units don’t seem to be the culprit.  Kind regards and have a good one”

How did that go? Why are you repeating yourself with these moans again? Did you work with the Sonos guys?

irst of all, I’m tired of playing games from Sonos blaming the network, seriously, this is driving me nuts. 
Second: I can’t play podcasts using Google Podcast and Sonos Tech support is refusing to give me updated information, when telling me that Google Podcasts isn’t available through Sonos, when that’s why I bought the speaker. 
Why I can’t I listen whatever I want, whenever I want and without a single audio interruption? I mean, what kind of speaker is this? A single podcast can’t even be played, a single playlist without any interruption can’t be played; I men, I don’t really get it   

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you “diagnose my issue with the Sonos Tech Support and apply the necessary changes to my network”?

Thats a simple question, and the answer can only be “yes” or “no”. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

First of all, I’m tired of playing games from Sonos blaming the networks. Seriously, this is driving me nuts. 

Second, I can’t even play podcast with Google Assistant using Google Podcasts, and Tech support is just giving mi outdated information, they tell me that Google Podcasts through Google Assistant isn’t available for Sonos when there is not excuse about not being able to play them, and the Spotify integration on Sonos is quite unreliable. 

Why can’t I listen to whatever I want, whenever I want, and without a single audio interruption? A single podcast can’t be played, a single playlist without any audio interruptions can’t be played; I mean, what kind of speaker is this? I just don’t get it. I want something reliable, something that works entirely errors free 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did you “diagnose my issue with the Sonos Tech Support and apply the necessary changes to my network”?

No

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No

Why not, if you really want to try and get your speaker working?

I should've bet the under.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Because Spotify plays fine through Google Assistant and Sonos, not through Spotify Connect; I indeed  worked with Sonos Tech support because Google Assistant gives me an error whenever I want to listen to a podcast on Google Podcasts, and without asking me to send a diagnostic they told me that Google Assistant can’t play podcasts on Sonos wich doesn’t make any sense to me. I’ll give them a call to see if it’s true, it seems to me that they’re outdated.
This is unrelated to the Apple Music playback issue that I’m having       

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What is it with you guys? I can’t get stuck with an unrreliable product, at leas you help me to fix my network 

A few posts ago you were going to work with Sonos: you said, “Hi,  @Corry; Thanks a lot for your   kind and detailed help, I really appreciate it. I’m going a diagnose my issue with the Sonos Tech Support and apply the necessary changes to my network, as the replacement units don’t seem to be the culprit.  Kind regards and have a good one”

How did that go? Why are you repeating yourself with these moans again? Did you work with the Sonos guys? 
😪🤔

Roam is Trash.

I have multiple Sonos products and if Roam was the first Sonos I purchased, there would be no second Sonos product in my house. 

It is so unreliable, needs constant attention to work on my network (unlike all the other Sonos products on the network) and only consistently works as a bluetooth speaker, of which I a have plenty.

Roam is not up to the standards I expect from Sonos and is a brand kill.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I feel as if Sonos is having a quality control problem with the Roam and refuses to admit it.

It seems there is a good amount of people that have no problems with their Roam, but there are many who do have problems.

I have two Roams. One is rock solid (like my other Sonos products) and never has a problem. The other is horrible and can’t stay connected to the network for more then a few days. 

The most frustrating problem is the lack of support. I have been on the phone with them over 6 times with no help and the refusal to accept the problem is the Roam. They promise to escalate the issue and then nothing happens.