Skip to main content

Roam 2 only charges in temperatures under 70 F

• 22 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I think I have a new idea as to why sone Roam 2s are not charging.  Mine has the same problem  I tried quite an assortment of chargers and cables. I also did the long press reset suggestion multiple times.  All to no avail. In the evening I sometimes got intermittent charging with USB-C (charge for 5 minutes, then stop for an hour, repeat).    The only variable that changed when I got the intermittent charging was room temp.  So I thought, what if the battery temperature sensor is bad or miscalibrated.  Since it protects the battery from overheating, it may be shutting it off at too low a temperature, such as at room temp (80 in my house during summer).

So I put it on my weakest Qi charger  (which never charged it at all) and put it in the fridge overnight.  Voila! it went all the way to 100%.  This was repeatable.  I’d move it outside, and while on the charger, it would discharge at 10% an hour.  Back into the fridge, and perfect charging

So try it in the fridge to see if my case is a one off.  If repeatable with other devices, sounds like a hardware issue.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!