Skip to main content
Answered

Move 2 as Master

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

i recently bought a Move 2 (not yet received) for the outdoor use on my porch.

And now i had that idea, that i can use the Move 2 as a front speaker and my existing one sl as rears for an incredible public viewing of fifa european cup next month.

so: can i connect the move 2 with a tv and the sound then goes to the rear one sl’s like my arc is the master to them in my living room.

thx for replies and suggestions

so: can i connect the move 2 with a tv and the sound then goes to the rear one sl’s like my arc is the master to them in my living room.

No. 

Only a soundbar such as the Arc can have rear surrounds bonded to it. 

You can group the Move, but when sharing a tv audio signal there will be a 70msec delay which might be off-putting. 

You can group the Move, but when sharing a tv audio signal there will be a 70msec delay which might be off-putting. 

Yes, the Move can only connect to the TV via bluetooth or a line in to get stereo audio. There would be a sync issue between the TV and Move, which may or may not be acceptable, but there should not be any delay between Move and other speaker/rooms that are grouped to the Move.

However, grouping doesn’t carry surround information, only stereo data. 

Thank you all for your replies.

I think the easiest way is to simply bring the whole setup with arc and one’s on the porch temporarily for this event.

Enjoy!