Skip to main content
Question

connecting devices

• 9 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi. After getting a new iPhone, I am trying to reset my three devices (2X1’s and a first generation move). They do not want to comment. I do a system reset, the internet finds the speakers and sometimes even says they are set up, but nothing actually adds to my Sonos app. Been trying and off for a few days now. Can anyone please help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It might be an incompatible router, or wireless network, or even some security software on your mobile device etc. it’s difficult to say without a lot more detail.

You might be best just speaking to Sonos Customer Support - you also haven’t mentioned which type of Sonos setup you’re using, S1 or the new Sonos App and what the products were previously using?

It’s not clear to me either, if you were trying to use an existing Sonos Household or create a brand new one to hold your devices?

Anyhow here is the link to speak to Sonos Staff, whenever they are available local to where you reside…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Why did you reset your speakers after getting the new iPhone? You simply needed to download the app and connect to your existing system without the need to reset anything.

But now that you have reset and set the system up again, try resetting the app on the iPhone, then reconnecting to your system.

If that fails, connect one of your speakers to your router with an Ethernet cable. This sometimes helps.