Can't sign into my account on Sonos app

• 8 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to use my Sonos Roam, which I haven’t used for ages. So when I try to sign in using the Sonos app on my iPhone, it says “Enter the email and password for the Sonos account associated with”  -  and then it shows an email address I don’t recognise. Finding it impossible to sign in. I’m using the app on an iPhone 14 Max. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Has someone else used your Roam?

To register the Roam back to your own Sonos account, in the Sonos app, go to Settings > System > Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.

Thanks. My husband uses the app via his phone, but he’s signed in with my details. I’ve just done what you suggested - Settings > System > Transfer System Ownership, and I get -

“Transfer Sonos, This will register your Sonos system to a different account - Continue”, but the next panel is the Sign in to Sonos page with the unknown email address. I do however have another option which says ‘I can’t access this account’, so when I select that, it then prompts me to do things I’ve already done, such as change my password and reset the app, but it all just brings me to the sign-in page with the unknown email address.

Userlevel 7

When you select “I can’t access this account” it should prompt you to input your Sonos account credentials of email/password.