Sonos Roam wake sound: Is there a wake sound? If so, how is it enabled?

• 31 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Pressing the Power/Bluetooth button on the rear of my woke Sonos Roam will put the unit to sleep and play a quick tone.

Pressing the same button when the unit is sleeping will cause it to wake and activate the status light.

However, i do not hear a tone or other sound when the unit wakes. Can such a sound be enabled?

(The lit status light is insufficient since my Sonos is protected by a rubber armour sleeve which obscures the status light.)

TIA!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thank you for your response and suggestion. However, I’m afraid I don’t allow any actively listening voice assistants on any of my devices or any in the household. I do use Siri from time-to-time, but only in the mode in which I have to explicitly activate her via a button press. (Yes, I know that if Apple were truly evil they could be listening at any time but, referencing Dante, I place Apple on one of the higher circles of hell… :) )

Thanks again!

There is a tone that can be enabled if you have a voice assistant installed on the speaker - the tone though is for use of the VA wake word, such as ‘Hey Sonos’, or ‘Alexa’ etc.

So, as an example, you could wake the speaker from sleep/or powered off state and use the VA wake word and listen for the tone. 

The Sonos Voice Assistant tone is enabled by default and cannot be switched off

The Alexa/Google Asisrant tones can be enabled/disabled in ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ in the Sonos App. 

My thoughts are you may perhaps find this will resolve the issue of knowing whether your device is awake, ready to play etc.