Answered

sonos roam stopped working

• 9 February 2023
  • 6 replies

My Sonos roam stopped working. It wouldn’t charge on the base so I bought the USB charger. Now the amber light is on but still nothing. Tried rebooting multiple times, still nothing. Not sure what to do. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 10 February 2023, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Lutzie23, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Checking our LED status page, an orange LED can mean different things depending on whether it is the status or battery light. 

When standing the Roam vertically, the status light is above the ‘S’ on the Sonos Logo at the top of the Roam and the battery light is at the bottom.

I’m not sure if the LED is flashing or solid, or what LED it is. If you check the LED status page you’ll find explanations on each colour and how to resolve any potential issues. I’d also recommend you reach out to our support team as they have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

It’s a solid amber light at the bottom of the device. I’ll try rebooting again but I don’t anticipate a different result. 

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Lutzie23,

That LED means the Roam is charging. If you use the USB-C cable we provide with the Roam, it should take 1 hour to charge to 50%. You’ll want to make sure that the power adaptor the USB-C cable is connected to meets our requirements.

If you leave the Roam charging for 1 hours, try taking it off the charge and powering it on. If the Roam doesn’t power on after this, then it would be best to discuss with our support team who can help diagnose what the issue is.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

My Sonos Roam suddenly quit working. No light would show even after holding the button for 5-15 seconds. I bought a new charger thinking that was the problem because I was able to charge it with a USB-C charger just fine. Now I have a new charger and that may not have even been the problem. 

I have the exact same issue with my Roam FOR THE SECOND TIME. I purchased a Roam in late 2021. It quit working in November 2022, about a year after purchase. No matter what I did, I could not revive it and discussed the issue with the Sonos support team. After multiple exchanges, Sonos sent me a Warranty replacement unit. That “new” Roam just quit this week; not even a year after I received it. Exact same issue as described above and that I experienced a year ago… I must come to the conclusion that there is a real flaw in the Roam design…

I own several other Sonos component and have been using Sonos for nearly 15 years. I have always been satisfied with my Sonos products and have recommended them to many of my friends. I am hugely dissappointed in this recurring issue with the Roam.

It’s really strange. I’ve had a Roam since they were released, and never had an issue.