Answered

Sonos Roam Bluetooth in combination with Xgimi Beamer (Android TV)

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I bought a new projector with Android TV version 10 from Xgimi (Elfin). Now I wanted to pass the sound on to my Sonos Roam via Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the Roam makes absolutely no sound. I've paired and restarted the whole thing several times. Also tried it with other Bluetooth speakers and headphones. Seems to work there with no problems. Has anyone already gained experience specifically with the Xgimi projectors or with Android TV or Google TV? Is there possibly an incompatibility with Sonos products?
icon

Best answer by Professio7 13 November 2022, 11:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Professio7,

Make sure that the projector is sending stereo. ROAM does not support any of the surround formats.

Badge +1

Thanks for your inputs. Unfortunately i already found the issue. It seems to correlate with HDCP and SCMS-T within the Bluetooth connection. Somehow Sonos does not support that. I’m quite baffled because even cheap 20$ speakers seem to work in this case. More details on this matter: