Sonos Move adds + drops from system immediately

• 17 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Got a new Sonos Move and can add it to house system no problem. Within 2-3 minutes of playback, it will no longer be available in the system screen and pop up a “Error 1001” when trying to change song/anything in the Sonos app despite still playing original track (using Spotify as the source). 

Have factory reset it + added it back into the system more than a dozen times, restarted our wifi/router, etc. Nothing works and it drops out/isn’t recognized within minutes. I just added a Sub Mini to our system the same day we got both and it’s had absolutely no issues. 

also have a S1 Play5 gen 1 on our network for my office and am wondering if that’s throwing things off? It’s on a completely separate system, but is the only anomaly I can think of. Or the boost that the rest of the system is on?

Setup:

• Move
  • 6x Play1 (g1+g2) in various rooms/surround/stereo setups
  • 1x Sub mini
  • 1x beam
  • 1x Play5 (g2)
  • 1x boost
  • 1x S1 Play5 (g1) on separate S1 system (3.5mm plug in only)

TYIA for any and all help! This is the only time a Sonos product has categorically failed at…literally everything since unboxing it. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Wifi network is AT&T Fiber/gigabit connection into an Orbi mesh network, with a Sonos Boost connected at the first point. Every Sonos except for the Move (which cannot connect to Sonosnet) is on Sonosnet via the Boost, not wifi. Maybe that’s it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Error 1001 seems a connection error. Could you describe your wifi network? Are the rest of your Sonos devices also wifi connected or do you use Sonosnet (the Move is wifi only)?