Answered

sonos app wont link to apple music anymore

• 2 December 2022
  • 3 replies

We’ve had a Sonos One for a while and we use an Apple Ipod Touch to run it. For some reason recently Apple Music has come uncoupled from the Sonos app, so while we can play music on the Ipod, we cant play it on the Sonos.

The Sonos app seems to think the Apple Music account needs the subscription refreshed. This is paid up, so not the issue.

It seems that the Sonos app cant be updated anymore on the Ipod which also means we are not able te re-authorise the account or even remove it. 

It would be very disappointing if the Sonos app and therefore the Sonos won’t work because the app is outdated and we are not able to relink the Apple Music account.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 December 2022, 22:13

View original

3 replies

Here are the current Sonos App requirements for the controller devices:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

HTH

Not for nothing, but the fact that the app cant update anymore is in my message, so not particularly helpful.

So no other way other than to upgrade the device? Ridiculous.

Not for nothing, but the fact that the app cant update anymore is in my message, so not particularly helpful.

So no other way other than to upgrade the device? Ridiculous.

It’s a case that Apple (the manufacturer) are no longer supporting your controller device too. Sonos usually support such ‘old’ devices for a further full year after the manufacturer has given up on it …and then after that, the device loses the administration control of Sonos,  but can still be used for playback control.

I understand the reason it loses the administration access, as clearly the device has not received security updates for more than a year and may present a security risk. They won’t support it if Apple have decided not to support it for over 12 months. It’s probably time to upgrade.