Answered

Quiet Sonos Roam popping sound?

• 24 November 2023
  • 1 reply

My Sonos Roam is making a quiet clicking sound shortly after any media stops playing. This started after it went into sleep mode last night while I was out. I came home & plugged it in, only to hear somewhat faint popping sounds from the drivers about 3 seconds after any sound is played, even the sounds from using the physical buttons.

I restarted the speaker & the problem persists. I had plugged in the speaker at some point and as I was plugging it in, the drivers made the same quiet popping sounds for a few seconds.

After powering it off the speaker for the night, I am certain I kept hearing slight pops from the speaker even though it was off (whenever I put it near my ear). I'm sort of scared to power it on, as I don't want to damage the speaker or let it bug out and play loud harsh noise as some people say it's done. My unti is a replacement unit from circa February 2022 when my original speaker made rattling noises. I was planning on buying a Sonos Era 100 but with problems like these, I don't know if I trust Sonos enough after two units acting weird. Thank you to anyone able to help!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 November 2023, 12:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aoskis 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my own Roam. As a result, please try the following steps:

• Reboot the roam by holding the power button for approximately 12 seconds - The battery light will glow orange when done.
  • If that doesn’t help, please follow the Roam-specific instructions on our Reset your Sonos product help page. Once done, please add it back to your Sonos system (the app will offer this to you once the Roam flashes green).

If the reset procedure does not fix the issue, please recreate the issue, submit a support diagnostic, and get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Corrected reboot procedure.