Answered

Cannot connect Roam to wifi

• 14 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Just got a Roam yesterday and can’t connect to my wifi to set it up. On the S2 app. All other speakers work on the app. Modem is a hitron CGNVM-3582, pass phrase uses all numerals. Any advise out there. Have tried the factory reset but that didn’t help. Would prefer not to cycle modem and don’t see why that would be the problem.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 January 2023, 11:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jayman73 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I see you have a Boost. This means your Roam is trying to connect in a way that your other Sonos devices do not - by actually using your WiFi.

I absolutely recommend a reboot of your router - please switch it off for 30 seconds. It can make all the difference.

Worth trying first, however, is to make sure that your phone is connected to the same WiFi frequency that you are trying to connect Roam to, if the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are split, during the setup process. Afterwards, it shouldn’t matter.

I hope this helps, but if not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.