Answered

Unable to remove surround speakers

Userlevel 1
Badge

How to remove two ERA 100’s as the surround speakers and change them with two ERA 300’s? 

Currently I am getting an error message- and I am unable to remove the ERA 100’s as the surround speakers?!

My ARC/ system is up 2 date.

icon

Best answer by The Riddler 26 May 2024, 18:17

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Arc and Era 100s from power for about a minute. Plug them back in, restart the app, and try removing them as surrounds again.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try unplugging the Arc and Era 100s from power for about a minute. Plug them back in, restart the app, and try removing them as surrounds again.

That didn’t work- I am also not able to remove the SUB from the surround setup, so it seems it’s a software bug? 

Would hard resetting the ARC work- and reinstall everything?

Userlevel 7

Resetting the speakers is a last resort. Try unplugging the speakers AND rebooting your router and phone first.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s amazing the hoops someone has to jump through to attempt to get your system to work. Unplug speakers, reboot router, reset phone, open front door,close door, etc.  It shouldn’t be this hard to do something simple with your speakers. This app is very frustrating and I am thoroughly convinced that it was never tested and call the Sonos CEO a liar for saying he’s been using this new app without problems since December. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have hard resetted the ARC- added the SUB successfully and now I am unable to add the ERA 300’s as surrounds… 🤯

So now I have no surrounds anymore.. 🙈

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok!! I solved the problem! 💪🏻💪🏻

1. I removed the SUB.
  2. Added the ERA 300’s as surroundspeakers.
  3. Added the SUB.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good job 👏 I will remember how you did this for the future 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The only thing now is that it seems it doesn’t save the “Trueplay tuning”.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The only thing now is that it seems it doesn’t save the “Trueplay tuning”.

Also solved, somehow my SUB was in the 180° fase setting, this must be 0° otherwise SONOS doesn’t

save the Trueplay tuning.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

1. I removed the SUB.
  3. Added the SUB.

Similar issue here. So, once you removed the Sub, you were able to remove the original surrounds and then replace them with the 300s and reconnect the Sub?

Userlevel 1
Badge

1. I removed the SUB.
  3. Added the SUB.

Similar issue here. So, once you removed the Sub, you were able to remove the original surrounds and then replace them with the 300s and reconnect the Sub?

Without hard resetting the ARC, I was not able to remove the era100 surrounds- or the sub.

1. Hard reset the Arc
  2. Add the era300 surrounds 
  3. Add the sub

If you first add the sub, than the surrounds somehow can not be added.

@The Riddler 

coming from living room:

Arc + Sub G3 + 2x Ones as surround sound. 
To living room:

Arc + Sub G3 + 2x Eras 300 as surround sound. 

*Sonos app (newest version) 

*all connected to the same WiFi connection including the phone I’m using!

My mistake was Or App is bugged? 

I immediately connected the Eras 300 on the same room (living room) thinking it would be easy to switch from 2x Ones as surround sound to 2x Eras 300 as surround sound. It was a struggle!

• couldn’t remove the 2x Ones surround sound (kept getting error message) 

A) So I had to factory reset the 2x Ones just to have them removed from surround sound on the app!

B) ​​​​​after factory resetting the 2x Ones; ​​they were gone from the surround sound on the app; however the app didn’t give the option anymore to add surround sound even though the 2x Ones were gone!​​​​​ kept showing remove surround! And when you press it; shows again error message that the speakers are not powered on or connected to the Internet!  

C) set each Era 300 in a different room not in (the same room) where Arc + Sub G3 are in (E.g.: Den/ family room).

D) on the app - Arc kept showing (remove surround option) even though there were no speakers selected as surround sound since I did factory reset to the 2x Ones. and when you press remove surround; it shows error message.😫 Don’t worry!😤

E) on the app Added the 2x Ones again (like new speakers after factory resetting them) each in a separate room! 

F) On the app. Selected the room where the Arc + Sub G3 are in. now I get the option to add surround sound to Arc & Sub G3. Tried to Add the surround sound (Selecting Eras 300 not the Ones) and during the process of setting the surround there is an Error message! Again!!! 😡

G) Removed Sub G3 from Arc. Then finally added surround sound selecting Eras 300 not the Ones. It was successful 🥳🥳

H) add the sub back to Arc! 

​​​​​​​ Problem solved! 😎😇
Thanks to The Riddler for mentioning his experience first! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AntiMatter 

Great to see 👍🏻we’re here to help each other.

Thanks for the tip

Spent days trying to get my new 300s added as surrounds with no luck until I found your post. It’s worked a treat.

Many thanks to The Riddler 🤘👍😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the tip

Spent days trying to get my new 300s added as surrounds with no luck until I found your post. It’s worked a treat.

Many thanks to The Riddler 🤘👍😊

Great 👍🏻

are you able to perform a Trueplay tuning- and does it get saved? Because so far that’s the only thing I’m not able to do- and haven’t found a work around myself so far. 😔

Hi Mate

Trueplay seemed to run ok initially, but after 2 minutes of waving my arm around the app froze before saving.

Badge

I finally got through to Sonos support on this issue. They are aware of the problem and are working on it. In the meantime the work round is to factory reset the arc, the sub and surrounds and then recreate the room from scratch (which I did without much drama). Btw I was also told that the inability to connect to one's own local music library will be fixed by end June.

This doesn’t work anymore. Removing the sub crashes the app. What a disaster! Who ever green lighted this disaster of an app needs to face some serious consequences. To add insult to injury, you can roll back to the older app, but if you need to change any configuration then you have to update to the new useless piece of cr*p app! I paid a lot of money for this not to work!

Badge

I am on the iOS app version 80.02.04 and just purchased a pair of Era 300s That I wanted to use to replace my old Play 1s in my family room surround setup. Despite unplugging and plugging back in all the speakers, rebooting my router and my phone I am still getting an error when I try to remove my old surround speakers. I also tried the suggestion above by removing the Gen 3 sub that caused the app to crash as others have mentioned.

It seems like the only course of action until they fix this bug is to factory reset the arc, my sub and then add the new Era 300s. 

Just curious, what do you lose by going through this factory reset?

Also, can others confirm that this works with the current app version I listed above? I really don’t wanna make a bad situation worse and I would be fine. Just waiting a few more weeks until I fix is rolled out rather than getting stuck and not having any surround or sub audio in my Family Room set up.

Yikes!  I wanted to remove my ERA 100s as surrounds  and try them out as a stereo pair in a different room.  The app wont allow me to remove them - same error message as the original post above.  Not going to do factory reset or unpair other things as i have zero confidence now that i can get the system back up and running again if I do- especially given some of the experiences in the thread above.  Adding and removing from your system should be a really basic function.  In fact it is the main thing you HAVE TO use the app for.  First world problems but this really is a backwards step by SONOS.

Badge

Hey all, just wanted to circle back for anyone else who is having this issue to let you know how I was able to solve things, following @Stephen_70 steps above. As I said I am on the iOS app version 80.02.04 (most recent as of today) and was up to date on firmware with all my devices. With the current known bug, I was able to remove the old Play 1 speakers and replace them with the new Era 300s in my family room surround locations by:

1. First I made sure to add the new Era 300 speakers to my Sonos system and placed them into a random room, that was not the family room.
  2. I then made sure the Era 300s updated to the latest firmware version.
  3. Then I performed a factory reset of my Arc in the family room.
  4. Then I performed a factory reset of my Sub Gen3 in the family room.
    1. I did not bother with the Play 1s for now, as I was planning on just removing them from my Sonos network due to overall system responsiveness concerns (too many devices,15 and poor overall grouping, multiple speaker management performance).
  5. Then I setup the Era 300s as surround speakers for the Arc in the family room. 
  6. Then I added the Sub to the Arc surrounds setup.
  7. Then I ran Trueplay to tune the space, and tweaks EQ and other settings to make sure the Arc was connected and talking with my TV.

Thankfully this all worked without further upset or failures but overall what a PITA to have to go through this. Hope this helps though for anyone else who is struggling while Sonos gets their sh*t together.

Have been a Sonos customer for a long time now, but won’t purchase another product until this is all resolved.  Add and delete used to be a very simple process that could be done at will. Now, the steps are ridiculous and failure is the norm.

My sub mini says 0 degrees when you drill down and it says 180 degrees on the main screen. Have spent weeks trying to remove and add to another room.  Always error messages and check my network connection when I am 5 feet from the router and have gigabit Ethernet. 

Badge

@The Riddler

coming from living room:

Arc + Sub G3 + 2x Ones as surround sound. 
To living room:

Arc + Sub G3 + 2x Eras 300 as surround sound. 

*Sonos app (newest version) 

*all connected to the same WiFi connection including the phone I’m using!

My mistake was Or App is bugged? 

I immediately connected the Eras 300 on the same room (living room) thinking it would be easy to switch from 2x Ones as surround sound to 2x Eras 300 as surround sound. It was a struggle!

• couldn’t remove the 2x Ones surround sound (kept getting error message) 

A) So I had to factory reset the 2x Ones just to have them removed from surround sound on the app!

B) ​​​​​after factory resetting the 2x Ones; ​​they were gone from the surround sound on the app; however the app didn’t give the option anymore to add surround sound even though the 2x Ones were gone!​​​​​ kept showing remove surround! And when you press it; shows again error message that the speakers are not powered on or connected to the Internet!  

C) set each Era 300 in a different room not in (the same room) where Arc + Sub G3 are in (E.g.: Den/ family room).

D) on the app - Arc kept showing (remove surround option) even though there were no speakers selected as surround sound since I did factory reset to the 2x Ones. and when you press remove surround; it shows error message.😫 Don’t worry!😤

E) on the app Added the 2x Ones again (like new speakers after factory resetting them) each in a separate room! 

F) On the app. Selected the room where the Arc + Sub G3 are in. now I get the option to add surround sound to Arc & Sub G3. Tried to Add the surround sound (Selecting Eras 300 not the Ones) and during the process of setting the surround there is an Error message! Again!!! 😡

G) Removed Sub G3 from Arc. Then finally added surround sound selecting Eras 300 not the Ones. It was successful 🥳🥳

H) add the sub back to Arc! 

Problem solved! 😎😇
Thanks to The Riddler for mentioning his experience first! 

This is exactly what I did to solve the problem - after days of frustration these steps did the trick. Only issue left is that I can’t seem to get  trueplay completely working - lots of waiving my arms around with an eventual error message. 

anyone find a way past this final hurdle ?