Answered

New Sonos Beam & (2) Ones customer

• 4 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I ordered a Beam and 2 Ones for a home theater setup mainly for music streaming, along with watching some movies in surround.  The Beam got lost in the mail so I received the 2 One’s first.  Easy to setup.  I set them up as stereo speakers and they sounded great.  Finally, a few days later, my Beam arrived.  I found to add the speaker, I had to break the stereo setup (in Sonos app) and then I could add them to the Beam as surround speakers.

Here’s the issue.  I don’t think it sounds as good.  With just the two One’s the sound seemed to be coming from everywhere and was crystal clear.  Now they are configured as rears, seems that most of the sound comes from the Beam and the One’s are really low.  The sound seems to mainly be coming from the Beam and not traveling the room anymore.  Am I doing something wrong?  Do the One’s just have better fidelity?  Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 4 January 2021, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

For TV, that will be the case.  In 5.1, surrounds are for ambient sounds or directional queues.  For music sources, do the following:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap your Sonos home theater room.
  4. Under Sound, tap Surround Audio.
  5. Set Music Playback to Full.

This will give you full range audio at the same volume as the home theater speaker.

You are the man.  That was it.  Thank you.