Question

Hisense and Beam

• 19 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all. I have a Hisense 43p6 and and a brand new beam. I’ve followed the Sonos prompts and I’ve enabled CEC on the TV and also selected ARC for the audio out, but I get no sound. I’ve tried it with both Dolby and PMC.

The tv says it’s receiving the HCMI 4 signal, and the beam is working with my other Sonos devices just fine for music, but I can’t get anything going through the TV.

Oh, and I’ve read the other Hisense threads on here already too.

Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tomholloway

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. Allow me to ask a few questions from you.

• During the setup with your Sonos Beam, were you able to turn off the TV speakers on your TV?
  • In the Sonos app, when you select TV under Browse did you get the sound from the Beam automatically?
  • Is TV Autoplay disabled in the Sonos app? What happens when you enable it?
    • Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.

Please follow the suggested troubleshooting steps to see if it will work for you to get audio.

1. Reboot your TV and Sonos Beam
    • Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Beam and the TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the HDMI cable directly to your TV and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
  2. Check TV software update (if available)
  3. Change the TV audio format (Dolby Digital 5.1, PCM i.e.)
  4. Use the digital optical audio output using the optical audio adapter (included with the Beam)

In any case that there's still no audio on your Beam, I recommend contacting Hisense for further assistance. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.