Beam 1 and Arc

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a beam gen 1 and recently found an open box Arc for $400. I hooked it up and will have to say I am not impressed with the Arc. It didn’t have a wow facture to me. All of my TV settings are correct on my 1 Year old Sony TV. I tried trueplay but it didn’t seam to make a difference. I am debating on returning the arc and getting a mini sub for the gen 1 or returning the arc and getting a gen2. I don’t have the money to purchase a sub for the arc just to make it sound better. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sounds like you perhaps have a fault somewhere in your HT setup as the Sonos Arc here sounds fine when playing all audio types, particularly Dolby Atmos - try playing ‘John Wick 4’ or ‘6 Underground’ movies, just as examples, as both sound good with that Soundbar, even when it’s used standalone.

Tv is currently on all of these settings. Juts watched a show on Hulu and I had the volume up to 40 to here the dialogue clearly sitting 10 feet away

I tried 6 underground and the Atmos sounds good. After switching back to normal tv though, the dialog just sounds low. The dialog on the beam 1 just seams a bit louder

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV is set to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto