Answered

Should I connect the Sonos one speakers to the arc wirelessly or add as sub? Should I add ceiling speakers??

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi There,

I have the Sonos arc and Gen 3 subwoofer for some time, and I am in love with sound quality, I just purchased four Sonos 1 Sl wireless speakers, with Stands that I will install today.  

My questions are:

1. ​​​​​​​should I connect the Sonos 1 speakers via Wi-Fi or through an Amp?
  2. my house comes with an option to add speakers on the ceiling, is this a good idea?
  3. I have 6 ceiling speaker ports, 2 in the main Lounge with the Sonos arc and surround speakers, 2 in the kitchen and two outside in a patio/pool area. Would I need 2 amps for this? how would it link to the Sonos ARC?
icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 22 January 2024, 16:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Sumeshan 

1. Sonos One is an amplified speaker and doesn’t need to work with an Amp. 

2. If you like in ceiling speakers only can be your personal impression. 

3. The Amp can handle up to 4 compatible pssive speakers. If you use Sonance architectural speakers, the Amp can handle up to 6 of them. 
    Together with Sonos Arc the Sonos Amp only can be used as a rearspeaker amp firing max. 2 passive speakers.