Samsung JS/JU Model TVs with PLAYBASE

• 28 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge
I'm creating this thread as a place to share how PLAYBASE performs with the Samsung JS/JU line and whether audio issues may occur as it is the case with PLAYBAR - https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/samsung-jsju-model-tvs-audio-issue-with-playbar-6736004

I personally own a 55" TV of this line (UN55JS8500).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge
Keep my fingers crossed 🙂
Badge
https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/samsung-jsju-model-tvs-audio-issue-with-playbar-6736004/index7.html#post16092198
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi ReggieD, do please ensure you are using the latest firmware from Samsung on your TV. You can find this on Samsung's support website if you search for the specific model# of your TV. Also, if the issue is the TV, then we will see the same issue on PLAYBAR as well as PLAYBASE, as to my knowledge at least, there is no difference in how they process the incoming audio stream.
Hi ReggieD, do please ensure you are using the latest firmware from Samsung on your TV. You can find this on Samsung's support website if you search for the specific model# of your TV. Also, if the issue is the TV, then we will see the same issue on PLAYBAR as well as PLAYBASE, as to my knowledge at least, there is no difference in how they process the incoming audio stream.

Then why do non-sonos devices not have this issue. That is the screamingly obvious question.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi DarwinOSX,

We hear you. During some in-house testing, we were able to replicate the dropouts on non-Sonos audio equipment. While not every device we tested exhibited the same behavior, others did. We have also tested the firmware updates from Samsung and have seen that they remedied the audio issues.
If you or others experience similar behavior, we can take a deeper look at the setups, just keep us posted. We’re happy to help in any way we can.
People on the play are thread still say it is an issue.
I've got the UN65JU7100 and I'm looking at a Playbase. As I understand it, there are 2 potential problems:
1) The JS/JU might not work properly with the Optical line out. This was supposed to have been fixed with a firmware update from Samsung.
2) The UN65JU7100 might not pass a Dolby Digital from HDMI sources through the Optical line out.
I'm using a DirecTV HR54 and Samsung BD-J7500. I've looked around and have not found any information regarding the HDMI ports on the Samsung. Does any one have any information?

Thanks!