Question

Playbar TV source timeout

• 2 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Sorry if this has been posted or answered elsewhere, I could not locate anything.

I have a Playbar connected to a Samsung F9000 via optical cable. All works well but for an annoying 'feature' in the timeout period which I believe is 10 minutes. So if the TVs audio is paused, muted or off for longer than 10m you have t select the source again. This of course means we have to find a device and select the source again, which is pretty frustrating, particularly if you have just sat down..

So, is there a way to turn this off or change the timeout period?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The PLAYBAR's TV autostop timeout is fixed at 10 minutes. If you still have the default ON setting for TV Autoplay the PLAYBAR will automatically start to play from the optical input again when it senses a signal.
Ah right yes, I forgot about that. I had turned it off because it causes issues when I want to display content on the TV and listen to music from the library or radio where it always resorts to the TV audio.

I'm going to guess there is no accounting for that scenario.
I know this is an older thread, but is there any way to change the timeout? I often pause the tv for 20ish minutes, and it's not a big deal but there is a bit of delay before the playbar picks back up.
No, the autostop timeout is fixed at the not entirely unreasonable figure of 10 minutes of silence.