Sonos Ace - Behind the Scenes Question Submission Thread

Join us live on Tuesday, June 11 at 11 a.m. PDT for a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Sonos Ace.

Submit your questions in the comments and our team will pick a few of their favorites to discuss during the event on Sonos.com 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I see them being sold as a pair and saying you can use both to listen, is this something that will be available soon?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Keith N 

I have just received my black Ace headphones. Very nice build and sound quality! I only have a Beam so looking forward to the software update that will support swapping with the Beam.

I do think it would be useful to allow (as an option) for the sound to play on both the soundbar AND the Ace headphones. My use case is that I am harder of hearing than my wife so it would be great if I could listen via the Ace without affecting her listening experience via the soundbar. Based on other social media comments I don’t think that I am alone in wanting this feature.

Ross.

How does the hand off work from the Ace to the sound bar? What WiFi technology is used? Is it like AirDrop?

What other technology are you looking forward to leveraging inside of the Ace? For example, is a more advanced EQ a possibility?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Just got my Black Ace headphones as well and loving them so far. One question I have is indirectly regarding wifi. As a paid Sonos Radio HD subscriber I really miss not having access to the stations away from home (listen at least 80% of the time to these), not having the headphones be wifi based I miss out on using your service completely (Roam/Move I can use at home but not with Bluetooth away). Any way that you can incorporate wifi to allow these at home. Along similar lines, i want to use the Sonos app as my all in one solution at home and having to use separate apps for the Ace is a little awkward and unappealing. Any plans on incorporating the Ace accessing the Sonos app directly?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

One other issue I have noticed is in regards to Audio Swap. The sound is coming through very weak and soft with not a lot of fullness. Will TrueCinema fix this and what is the timeframe with that?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why can’t the Sonos ACE be accessed as a zone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Keith N

I know that WiFi is a battery drain, but did you consider releasing the Ace headphones along with a separate powered wifi-enabled base unit that essentially acted the same as other Sonos speakers in the network. The base unit would then communicate with the Ace headphones using bluetooth? 

So just like the Roam and Move, the Ace would essentially be part of the Sonos eco-system within your network and a bluetooth device outside of your network. This would give the Ace a strong point of difference compared to the other bluetooth headphones out there.

Or is this technically just not possible/feasible?

Ross.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Keith N 

Did this event take place? 
Ross.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Keith N

Can you please post a link for the reply of the Q&A event.
Ross.