Question

Using two Ace headseats at the same time with Arc Soundbar

Userlevel 1

My wife and I sometimes like to watch TV together after our son has gone to bed, but having the volume on makes too much noise in the house. Can we both wear our own Ace headsets and connect to TV audio via Arc at the same time?

16 replies

No. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

how can you consider buying any sonos products right now.  the company is going down the pan

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same use-case. Please support this and I’ll buy your headphones.

My wife and I sometimes like to watch TV together after our son has gone to bed, but having the volume on makes too much noise in the house. Can we both wear our own Ace headsets and connect to TV audio via Arc at the same time?

Put the headphones on your son instead?  /s

Userlevel 1

We will buy this headphones if that we are able to connect 2 pairs simultaneously.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We will buy this headphones if that we are able to connect 2 pairs simultaneously.

This has been answered in a thread on the community.

One Arc = One Ace

Userlevel 1

If it's possible, we want one arc = one or two ace 🤞 and we will buy 😃 Why Sonos sale bundle of 2 aces? For gift? 🤔 for spare? 🧐 

Agree with other users, would like the ability to have multiple Ace connect to the same Arc soundbar.  

Same here, if both wife and I can use a pair of Ace each then would buy, but what’s the point if only one person can watch, hope this is on their roadmap then will revisit buying two. In the meantime will stick to my B&O headphones for BT music listening.

I have the same use case and came here looking to find out if it’s possible. It looks like right now it isn’t? I sure hope that changes soon. I bet there are so many parents who would like to be able to watch a movie together after the little ones go to bed, wearing their Ace headphones to keep the house quiet. 

Userlevel 1

Same for me…
I bought a pack of two Aces headphones so I could finally have movie sessions while my daughter sleeps.
The marketing made me place an order with this description of the pack: “Use one pair of headphones at home and the other on the go. Share an immersive home cinema experience with another person by transferring the sound from your TV from a Sonos Arc to your headphones. Or keep one pair of headphones for yourself and gift the other.” Translate for this French sentence in the description : 

Utilisez un casque audio à la maison et l'autre pour vos déplacements. Partagez une expérience home cinéma immersive avec une autre personne en transférant le son de votre TV depuis une Sonos Arc vers vos casques audio. Ou gardez un casque audio pour vous, et offrez le second. ( https://www.sonos.com/fr-fr/shop/sonos-ace-pair )

After trying, I spent three hours trying everything to get it to work on a Sonos Arc soundbar that I had just bought for this reason (I originally have a Beam Gen2). Then I came across this forum while searching for a solution in English. None of the many French reviews mention this. I am extremely frustrated.
I really feel like I was deceived by misleading marketing. Very disappointed with the brand, even though I was satisfied until now.
I really hope it's in their plan, and that it will be available in a future update.
The fact that Sonos wrote this in their short description of the pack gives me hope that it's planned. If not, it’s a disaster for customers like me, who suffer the collateral damage.

---

I would very much like Sonos to respond to this and help me find a solution or give me hope that this will be addressed.

---

My wife and I would love to be able to use our two Ace headphones (two headphones) with our Arc soundbar.  Please and thanks.

Userlevel 1

I am hoping for an official Sonos response. I have 3 concerns and want to know IF and WHEN they will be resolved, else I plan to return both Ace headphones I pre-ordered after wishing for years Sonos will create headphones: 1) Android support for TV Swap (I’ll keep one set of headphones if this is provided), 2) 2 Ace with 1 Arc for situation described in this thread and 3) sound through Ace & Arc at the same time (so hearing impaired can listen on headphones while others hear through Arc.

Userlevel 7

I am hoping for an official Sonos response. I have 3 concerns and want to know IF and WHEN they will be resolved, else I plan to return both Ace headphones I pre-ordered after wishing for years Sonos will create headphones: 1) Android support for TV Swap (I’ll keep one set of headphones if this is provided), 2) 2 Ace with 1 Arc for situation described in this thread and 3) sound through Ace & Arc at the same time (so hearing impaired can listen on headphones while others hear through Arc.

Here is somewhat of an official response to question 2:

Play the “Sonos Ace Behind-the-Scenes Live Q & A” video and start at the 17:43 mark:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-live

Also, the Sonos website removed the line “Share an immersive home cinema experience with another person by transferring the sound from your TV from a Sonos Arc to your headphones” from the pair of Sonos Ace product page.

Userlevel 1

Thinks GuitarSuperstar for the link. Yes, it seems like 2 Aces with 1 Arc will be some time away if at all. Luckily item #1 has a workaround - I factory reset the Ace (didn’t work until I did this) and set it up with my wife’s iPhone for TV Swap. Now I can just swap using the physical key vs. using the Android app. Hopefully Sonos will work on #2 & #3 items.

Badge

I was just coming to the forums to request the ability to use the Ace while audio also plays from the Arc to aide with hearing issues for one person.

My grandma has a cheap as seen on tv headset thing but this would be an incredible high end solution.

We need some connection options.

Swap. Duplicate. Split.