Question

SONOS Ace will not charge with Anker 100W and 67W Chargers

• 8 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

I travel quite a bit. I use Anker a couple of small Anker travel chargers (67W and 100W). I noticed over USB C they do not charge the SONOS Ace headphones. These chargers charger everything else (PCs, Tablets, iPhones, MacBooks, etc). I know they work with PD based on other devices that work fine with PD. For some odd reason they do not charge my Sonos Ace headphones over USB C. The USB A charges fine, yet slow.

1. I’ve tried different cables and chargers.
  2. Hard reset the SONOS Ace
  3. Updated to latest software on the Ace

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Is SONOS aware and going to do something?

thanks.

6 replies

I’m having the same issue with my Ace and a 66W charger. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello,

I travel quite a bit. I use Anker a couple of small Anker travel chargers (67W and 100W). I noticed over USB C they do not charge the SONOS Ace headphones. These chargers charger everything else (PCs, Tablets, iPhones, MacBooks, etc). I know they work with PD based on other devices that work fine with PD. For some odd reason they do not charge my Sonos Ace headphones over USB C. The USB A charges fine, yet slow.

thanks.

Yes others are experiencing this.

Hello,

thanks.

Hi 

I’ve had the same problem and spent a long time on a chat with Sonos support this afternoon. Tried all sorts of things to resolve, resets etc but nothing worked. They’ve escalated my case and advised me to phone the support team but the wait times are horrendous so not sure when this will get resolved. In the meantime I’ve also found that USB A to USB C cable works so thanks for the tip. 
Thank you 

Badge

Hello,

thanks.

Hi 

I’ve had the same problem and spent a long time on a chat with Sonos support this afternoon. Tried all sorts of things to resolve, resets etc but nothing worked. They’ve escalated my case and advised me to phone the support team but the wait times are horrendous so not sure when this will get resolved. In the meantime I’ve also found that USB A to USB C cable works so thanks for the tip. 
Thank you 

I’ve also had issues charging with USB-C PD to the point my headphones are largely unresponsive now. Connected with Live Chat twice today and I’ve also been directed to phone support now for additional assistance. I hope the headphones aren’t bricked but they will not enter pairing mode or factory reset and although they will turn on and off they don’t make any sounds indicating they are turning on/off and will not connect to previously paired devices. Shame as they were great for the few days they worked.

Badge

I have the same issue with my chargers too. They are from Belkin (65W and 40W) and they are both PD 3.0 certified, and are equipped with PPS.

I have other chargers that work with Sonos Ace though, they are from Apple (96W and 35W), Google (30W and 18W), and all my old USB-A chargers work as well.

Based on all these information, it looks like Sonos Ace can only work with chargers that can output 18W or lower. The minimum output of my two Belkin chargers is 20W. But if the receiving device is PD compliant too, this shouldn't be an issue as it can regulate that with no problem.

So I'm now inclined to believe that Sonos Ave isn't PD compliant. Which is shocking, in a very bad way.

I also have the same issue with the headphones not charging on my Anker 67W (model A2669). The only way I've gotten it to charge is by using the Apple iPad charging brick.