Question

Volume control of a group with Google Assistant only controls 1 speaker in the group

• 12 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I have 4 Sonos One speakers setup in a group and I am using Google Assistant and Pandora to play music. I say "Hey, Google, Turn up the volume" and the speaker that seems to be closest to me increases but none of the other speakers in the group increases.

I would like to have the entire group of speakers volume increase with GA voice control not just one speaker. I can't seem to find a way to make this work and change the volume all speaker in a group with a single command . I constantly need to go to my Sonos App and use the volume sliders to re-sync the volume levels so they are all the same again. The other option would be to go to all 4 rooms separately and have GA increase the volume separately.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello,
I have 4 Sonos One speakers setup in a group and I am using Google Assistant and Pandora to play music. I say "Hey, Google, Turn up the volume" and the speaker that seems to be closest to me increases but none of the other speakers in the group increases.

I would like to have the entire group of speakers volume increase with GA voice control not just one speaker. I can't seem to find a way to make this work and change the volume all speaker in a group with a single command . I constantly need to go to my Sonos App and use the volume sliders to re-sync the volume levels so they are all the same again. The other option would be to go to all 4 rooms separately and have GA increase the volume separately.

Thanks!

Try calling them by name. I have 4 speakers grouped, 2 as LivingRoom and 2 as DiningRoom. To turn them all up at the same time I have to say "HG, turn up the music in the LivingRoom and turn up the music in the DiningRoom", otherwise I get the same result as you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Me again. If they all have different names you might have to say "turn up (name speaker1) and turn up (name speaker2) and turn up(name speaker 3) and turn up (name speaker 4)"