Question

Volume control of a group with Google Assistant only controls 1 speaker in the group

• 12 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I have 4 Sonos One speakers setup in a group and I am using Google Assistant and Pandora to play music. I say "Hey, Google, Turn up the volume" and the speaker that seems to be closest to me increases but none of the other speakers in the group increases.

I would like to have the entire group of speakers volume increase with GA voice control not just one speaker. I can't seem to find a way to make this work and change the volume all speaker in a group with a single command . I constantly need to go to my Sonos App and use the volume sliders to re-sync the volume levels so they are all the same again. The other option would be to go to all 4 rooms separately and have GA increase the volume separately.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Me again. If they all have different names you might have to say "turn up (name speaker1) and turn up (name speaker2) and turn up(name speaker 3) and turn up (name speaker 4)"
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello,
I have 4 Sonos One speakers setup in a group and I am using Google Assistant and Pandora to play music. I say "Hey, Google, Turn up the volume" and the speaker that seems to be closest to me increases but none of the other speakers in the group increases.

I would like to have the entire group of speakers volume increase with GA voice control not just one speaker. I can't seem to find a way to make this work and change the volume all speaker in a group with a single command . I constantly need to go to my Sonos App and use the volume sliders to re-sync the volume levels so they are all the same again. The other option would be to go to all 4 rooms separately and have GA increase the volume separately.

Thanks!

Try calling them by name. I have 4 speakers grouped, 2 as LivingRoom and 2 as DiningRoom. To turn them all up at the same time I have to say "HG, turn up the music in the LivingRoom and turn up the music in the DiningRoom", otherwise I get the same result as you.