Answered

Unable to control Sonos via Google home/assistant

• 28 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone,

I live in the Netherlands and I recently purchased a Sonos Beam with 2 Play 1 (all in the living room) and an IKEA/Sonos speaker for the bedroom.

I also have a Google Home Hub.

I managed to play Spotify properly on the Google Home Hub using voice control and I also manage to play Spotify on all Sonos speakers using the Sonos Android App.

I have the Beam connected to a Sony Android TV and, if I ask it to play Spotify, it automatically turn on the TV and plays Spotify, but I cannot manage to use Google assistant to play Spotify on the Beam (and the 2 Play 1) having the TV off.

Similarly, I cannot use google assistant to play Spotify on the IKEA speaker in the bedroom: when I ask Google assistant to play music on that speaker, it says that he is going to play Spotify on that speaker, but eventually ti says he cannot help with it yet.

Does anybody had a similar case?

How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot!!!
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 28 August 2019, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

PS: I also want to specify that I can control the volume of the speakers, pause and change song from the screen of the Google home hub.
Userlevel 7
Hi

There was a Google outage regarding Sonos earlier today_USA_CST. Try this
  1. Sign out of your Google account.
  2. Unplug your Sonos and IKEA speakers
  3. Delete the Sonos App
  4. Reboot your router
  5. Power Cycle your device
  6. Install the Sonos app
  7. Plug in your Sonos 1 x 1 left them come back before moving to the next
  8. Sign into your Google account
  9. Test your Sonos with Google
Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
Userlevel 2
I’m having a similar problem. It started a 24–72 hours ago.

Neither Spotify nor TuneIn works when activated via Google Assistant. I’m using a Sonos One.

These instructions might work, but to be honest this is an awful user experience. I’m supposed to spend 30 minutes fixing something that worked fine until this week?
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I performed all the steps, but nothing changed:

I ask Google to play music on a Sonos speaker, he says "sure, playing Spotify playlist on [name of the speaker]" and then "sorry, I am not sure how to help with this".

Any other possible solutions?